Home No. 2 (Ganchen phendhe)
- It is one of the first homes with its inception in 1962. The home was founded on a landscape called “Enter Clive”. Twenty five children lives together as one family sharing same roof in this home. A couple was appointed to look after the holistic upbringing of these children. The home was named as “Gangchen Phendhe”.
Foster parents till date since the inception:
- Two male staff were appointed at its initial days to look after the children living in this home. Mr. Lobsang Phuntsok and Mr. Ngawang Jungney were the first foster father.
- After the resignation of Mr. Lobsang Phuntsok, a couple Mr. Kala Lobsang and Mrs. Chokpa continued as the foster parent.
- Mr. Lobsang Phuntsok rejoined as the foster father with Mr. Norbu.
- A transformation with the family home as “Monk Home”. All the children living in the home were monks who play a vital role in the foundation as a student and as a monk. Mr. Norbu and Venerable Lungtok were appointed to take care of home number – 2 and its children.
- The home was again turned into general family home experiencing the less number of children as monk. Therefore, a couple Mr. Sherab and Mrs. Lhakchung was again appointed as foster parent.